BASIC RULES for PREPARATION of TEXTS
Course work and Semester (course) project
The student should:
- – to study and analyze scientific, educational and methodical literature and periodicals on the research problem;
- – to study and analyze the history of the problem under study, its practical state, taking into account best practices, as well as personal experience;
- – to carry out as necessary (at the request of the head) practical work or its fragment on the problem of research, having defined accurately the purposes and methods of research;
- – summarize the results of the practical task, justify the conclusions;
- – arrange the course work in accordance with the requirements of the standard.
The sequence of work:
- Definition (independently or together with the teacher) of the theme of the course work.
- Selection of literature, reference books and other sources on the research topic.
- Study the necessary literature and other sources on the topic, fixing the necessary information on their basis.
- Justification of the relevance of the theme of the course work.
- Determination of the structure of the course work.
- Analysis of literature on the subject of research and competent presentation of the state of the studied question.
- Search, analysis and generalization of experience in the literature on the subject of the course work.
- Writing the introduction and theoretical part of the course work.
- Registration of the practical section of the course (calculations, charts, diagrams, etc.), if the work is practical.
- Analysis of the results of practical work, its description and formulation of conclusions.
- Writing conclusion.
- Compiling a list of references.
- Preparation and design of applications.
- Design of the title page.
- Providing work to the Manager.
It is the final document provided by the curriculum at the final stage of the study of the discipline. This is a deeper and more extensive study than the abstract, report and control work.
Course work involves carrying out its own analysis of the current state of Affairs, in relation to the selected topic. Analysis of its results and recommendations for practical application.
The content of the chapters should exactly match the chosen topic of the course work, and fully disclose it. Titles of chapters and paragraphs should be short, consisting of key words bearing the main semantic load.
Particular attention should be paid to the language and style of writing the course work, indicating the General level of training of the future specialist.
Introduction, chapters, conclusion, references, applications start from a new page. The paragraphs within the chapters are printed one after the other, with the omission of the row.
It is recommended to attach graphic material: graphics, diagrams, drawings.
To perform the work should be approached creatively. Its quality is estimated by how correctly and independently answers to the questions are given, and to what extent the recommended literature is used. It should be noted that the editing of the work is carried out independently by the student – author of the work. The volume of the course work 30-35 pages.
The structure of the course work:
- title page;
- table of contents;
- main part – 3 chapters;
- list of applications
table of contents (course work plan) should include the titles of chapters and paragraphs, indicating the pages from which they begin. Sections should fully correspond to the headings of chapters and paragraphs in the text. Abbreviated version is not allowed. Each Chapter should contain at least 2 paragraphs (the volume of the paragraph should be at least 4 pages).
Introduction. Here the choice of the topic is justified; its relevance and practical significance is shown; the goals and objectives of the study are determined (at least three). It is also necessary to determine the theoretical and methodological basis of the course work. Specify the analysis methods used, name the main groups of information sources, including primary and statistical reporting. Volume 1,5-2 pages.
the First Chapter is General theoretical. It should contain the theoretical basis of the developed topic. Here we consider the history of the issue, the theoretical aspects of the problems covered in the course work, the level of development of the topic in theory and practice. The critical analysis of literature is given. Own positions of the student are proved. The Chapter serves as a theoretical basis for future proposals of the student.
the Second Chapter has practical character. In it, the student leads and develops proposals on the problems of the studied topic (object), improve its characteristics, economic indicators, etc.
the Third Chapter has an analytical character. It gives a technical and economic characteristics of the topic (object), on the materials of which the course work is performed. The necessary analysis of the studied problem (topic) with the use of modern methods, including economic and mathematical, etc. The analysis of the studied problem (topic) in this Chapter, taking into account the progressive world experience, is the basis for the development of specific proposals. The validity of the activities offered by the student depends on the completeness and quality of the analysis. the Basis for the conclusions and suggestions should be a comparison of the theoretical model with the actual state identified in the analysis in the third Chapter. All proposals and recommendations should be realistic.
Conclusion. The theoretical and practical conclusions and proposals that follow from the content of the work and are generalized are presented successively and briefly. From the text of the conclusion it should be clear that the purpose and objectives of the course work are fully implemented. The conclusion concludes with an assessment of the prospects of the problem as a whole. The volume is 3-4 pages.
References issued in accordance with accepted standards and technical requirements for the course work. Examples of the bibliographic list are given in the section «Rules of registration».
Annexes contain supporting material not included in the main part of the course work (instructions, completed reporting forms, fragments of normative documents, etc.). This material is included in the application in order to reduce the bulk of the course work, its pages are not included in the total amount of work.
It has the same structure as the course work. The same requirements apply to it. The difference is in the content of the chapters.
the First Chapter contains theoretical fundamentals of the topic being developed.
the Second Chapter is practical, it presents calculations, graphs, diagrams, charts, tables, illustrations, etc.
the Third Chapter – generalizing. It provides the actual state of Affairs on the topic being developed.
project Size at least 20-25 pages.
Evaluation criteria of course work and semester project:
- Relevance of the research topic.
- Correspondence of the content of the work to the topic.
- Degree of autonomy.
- Depth of material processing.
- Correctness and completeness of the development of the questions.
- Consistency and consistency of presentation.
- the Effectiveness of the practical task.
- Relevance of conclusions for follow-up.
- Quality of used literature sources (excluding Wikipedia).
- Literacy rate (General and special).
- Compliance with the design of the course work standards.